Terms and Conditions
Information at this site is:
- general information provided as part of NERC's statutory role in publicising its activities and disseminating of information relating to its organisation
- subject to the usual uncertainties of research
- subject to change without notice
- not to be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
Links to and from this site are:
- not endorsed by NERC
- for convenience only and do not mean that NERC endorses or approves those other sites, their content or the people who run them
- for the Internet user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found at sites linked from this website, rather than the responsibility of NERC.
Grant of licence for web services
Where there is not otherwise a specific click-through licence, the following terms apply: CEH grants to the user a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty free licence to use NERC-CEH web services, providing the use falls within the Permitted Use set out below and for no other purpose. The licensee is not permitted to sub-license for any purpose.
- Where you are an individual user you may use the web service for your own personal use.
- Where you are a corporate entity or partnership you may use the web service within your organisation to support your organisation’s activities (Internal Business Use).
- You may disseminate publications and reports based upon the web service to third parties, including to third party internet sites.
- You may use the web service on your own internet sites subject to inclusion of any copyright notices identified as being required in the metadata record for the web service.
- For use of the web service in scientific and/or academic publications, accepted scientific referencing conventions will apply and you will act reasonably in carrying out such referencing including the citation of any relevant key publications and Digital Object Identifiers identified within the relevant metadata record.
All information provided by NERC on its web pages, including that available in the form of Web Services, are made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons.
While NERC believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore, NERC does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information.
Neither NERC nor any of the sources of the information shall be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use of or results obtained from the use of this information.
By visiting this website and using the information available, you agree to the following:
Copyright of the material on this website, including images available at this site, is where explicitly stated, owned by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC). All rights reserved. The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) provides no warranties that all information on this website is NERC owned and visitors should contact email@example.com where any doubt exists as to ownership, prior to use.
Any copyright information regarding specific content available in the form of a Web Service from this website is owned by those parties stated in the "Limitations on Public Access" element of the relevant metadata record.
Visitors to the site and potential users of specific content should contact firstname.lastname@example.org where any doubt exists as to ownership, prior to use.